• CONVENTION UPDATES ON FACEBOOK DURING THE CONVENTION @ LWML - Michigan District Lutheran Women's Missionary League   
  • July  2016 - Mite Calendar


District Convention


LWML Michigan District 2016 Convention

Friday, July 29 - Sunday, July 31, 2016

Boyne Mountain

Watch the website for regular updates on convention news.


Chosen to Bear Lasting Fruit

Scripture Text

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  John 15:16

About the LWML

LWML Objectives

The Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML) is recognized as the official women's auxiliary organization of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod. The LWML is comprised of member societies within synodical congregations. The purpose of the LWML is to further Christ's mission to the world by supporting the work of the church and by providing education, inspiration, and opportunities for service, both at home and in the world.

The LWML endeavors to develop and maintain a greater mission consciousness among the women of the synod through programs of Mission Inspiration, Mission Education, and Mission Service.

Work of the LWML is accomplished by the voluntary contributions of its members through Mite Box offerings. The LWML Michigan District supports its programs with 75% of the Mite Box offerings and forwards the remaining 25% to national LWML for its projects and programs.

LWML Mission Statement

The mission of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League is to assist each woman of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.


Targets and Goals

LWML Michigan District
Targets and Goals for the 2014 - 2016 Biennium

  • Women of the LWML Michigan District are linked together by effective, free-flowing communication.
  • All women in the LCMS Michigan District are informed and educated by, and many are engaged and involved with, the Lutheran Women's Missionary League.
  • All leaders on the Board of Directors, as well as in local societies, are lovingly connected by prayer and joyful support with the Executive Committee of the LWML Michigan District.
Pray for Missionaries from Michigan


          Rev. Steven and Martha Mahlburg

The Mahlburg family are serving the Lord in Macau. Steven is serving as a pastor at Concordia Lutheran Mission Church. He works with other LCMS missionaries to build ministry possibilities and to serve those in need of mercy care. He provides pastoral care to Macau Christians, expatriates and the other LCMS missionaries serving in this country. He also supports this mission work at the Concordia School for Special Education and the Concordia English Center.

Steven was born in Dearborn, MI. Before serving in Macau, he served as a parish pastor in two Michigan congregations.  His wife Martha was born in Wayne, MI. They have five children - Autumn, Liberty, Skye, Rose and Duncan - who join them in Macau.

Prayer Requests: Pray for the Mahlburg family as they serve in Macau. Ask God to give them wisdom, comfort and support as they transition to life in Macau. Pray for open hearts in Macau that many more would hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, believe and join the Body of Christ through the waters of Holy Baptism. Ask the Holy Spirit to move the hearts of people here in the US to pray for and to financially support the mission work of the LCMS in Macau. Let us give thanks to God that the Mahlburgs are serving His children in this part of the world.

To learn more and to support the Mahlburgs go to lcms.org/mahlburg